What is leukemia?
Before we talk about the leukemia treatment options then we need to talk about it first. It is nothing but a blood cancer, which starts with having immature cells found in the bone marrow over the central cavities of the bones. There are billions of new blood cells that are produced inside the bone marrow on the daily basis giving the body with constant supply the healthy and fresh cells. So, when the body cells are seen losing the capacity to fight infection when these body cells are affected with the blood cancer called leukemia. When anyone becomes the victim of this ailment then leukemia treatment is carried out including the chemotherapy for leukemia.
Risk Factors for leukemia
When it comes to the risk factors involved with this dreaded disease then there are several. Some of these areas under:
- If you have the history of chemotherapy
- If you are affected with Human T-cell leukemia virus 1 (HTLV-1)
- If you have the issues like Myelodysplastic syndromes
- When you are down with Down syndrome and several other genetic diseases
- When you have the family history of this ailment
If you are the victim of these issues then you are at the risk of having this ailment. In such cases, it is recommended to see your doctor and start looking for leukemia treatement options.
You can get initial consultation with Indian Med Guru who will always help you to get best opinion for best treatment within Your Budget. For fast track reply you can call on: +91-9370586696
Types of leukemia
One of the key types of leukemia include myelogenous and lymphocytic and further each of these types are known to have acute or the rapidly progressing one and a chronic one known as the slowly progressing form. These are further classified broadly in the following ways:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML): is the most common kinds of leukemia found among the adults
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML): originates from the very presence of a genetic abnormality found in the blood cells known as the Philadelphia chromosome and moves ahead with distinct phases.
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL): is yet another most common types of leukemia found among the young kinds found in developed countries, but it can even affect the adults.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL): is often seen becoming worse slowly and remains the second most common form of leukemia among the adults while rarely seen among the kids.
What are the Symptoms of leukemia?
When you talk about the symptoms of this dreaded disease there are several. Once you notice them better consult your doctor so that your leukemia treatment starts.
- Fever, chills, night sweats and other flu-like symptoms
- Swollen or bleeding gums
- Weakness and fatigue
- Headaches & Bone pain
- Swollen tonsils
- Enlarged liver and spleen
- Pinhead-size red spots on the skin
- Paleness and Weight loss
When it comes to the leukemia treatment options, there are several, some of the common ones are indicated as under:
- Biological Therapy: It is a treatment option that employs drugs to empower the body’s immune system to fight the dreaded cancer.
- Chemotherapy: The chemotherapy for leukemia is given in cycles that destroy the cancer cells by stopping from growing or multiplying.
- Radiation Therapy: This leukemia treatment option to remove and destroy the cancer cells with radiation therapy and get normal cells back.
- Bone Marrow Transplants: This leukemia treatment option is regarded as the best solution against the dreaded disease. It is known to have better leukemia survival rate.
- Surgery: It helps in removing the cancerous cells and organs that are affected by the cancer.
When it comes to the leukemia survival rate, more than 90 percent of the patients are seen surviving from the dreaded ailment. However, much would depend upon the kind of doctor and hospital you have chosen. As pre-reports about 70% to 90% of patients with this ailment can be treated with several treatment options like chemotherapy for leukemia.
Get Free Opinion, Quote, Medical Visa Invitation and Assistance at Every Step of Your Treatment in India. You can send medical report at: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR call on: +91-9370586696